After discovering the successful water-color coffee-filter rose technique (detailed in the last post), I decided I no longer wanted to make roses out of tissue paper.
I'd already bought quite a bit of colored tissue paper, so I searched the internet for something else to craft. I settled on
this tutorial, although I decided against adding LED lights for the time being.
This time I photographed all the intermediate stages in the flower's construction.
 |
| Starting materials: Tissue paper, and a petal-mold made out of a failed tissue paper rose. |
 |
| The molded tissue paper petals, before being taped together onto a pipe-cleaner stem. |
 |
| The petals taped onto the pipe-cleaner stem. The flower was basically done at this point, but it seemed like it needed a bit of pizzazz. |
 |
| For the pizzazz, I chose to cover the center with blue glitter glue (rather than an LED light, the way the tutorial suggested). The final product was very subtle. For my next flower of this type I'll probably use glitter glue in a contrasting color for a stronger effect. |
No comments:
Post a Comment